Christmas is a magical time. Back in the 1940s and 50s, Downtown Daytona Beach was busy during the holidays and Brownie played a big part in the festivities.
Earlier I shared Brownie’s Christmas poem. Now here is the OFFICIAL Christmas card sent out each year by the City of Daytona Beach.
- Brownie was pretty young in this photo.
- I would love to know who received these cards.
- How many of these cards were sent out each year and do any original still exist?
- I’m not sure if Brownie himself signed the card, if it was printed or if a City official signed for Brownie each year.
- I saw this card in the awesome book: Florida’s Famous Animals by Jan Annino (whom I’ve spoken to about Brownie and whom I hope to do an interview with at some point in the future.)
- It would be wonderful to find an original in the archives of the Halifax Museum or in someone’s basement!